6.5.07

smelling china

so im leaving in less than 10 days now
to a place so unfamiliar, with no place to stay (yet)
and no faces that i knew before
but yet excitement drowns apprehension.
in 23years, it's my first trip abroad on my own
do i smell freedom? u bet.

11weeks will fly by, i knw
but im determined to make every min of it count
of course at times, im just gonna let time march pass me
(which is something i must learn too)
but mostly, im gonna try to embrace china
like a desert sheep on lush green grass
(whatever that means)

funny how the boy is going to india in 5 days
(im excited for u!)
so we're gonna start by helping him pack :)
although he was reluctant to let me help cuz when i packed for
our 5days trip to hongkong, i got all moody
for fear of forgetting something i need.
"imagine u packing for a 3months stay abroad!" says he.

but as i think about my trip, all my gut is curving upwards into a smile
i feel kinda "suaku" but after this, i am a turtle no more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe your childlike story telling narration is really you. hehe..

good luck sung!!!!!!!!!

pam ting said...

thanks sung!
i'll keep u updated abt my frugal life in shanghai!