9.2.08

my old letters

i bought a new book.and when i buy new things,i tend to try tidy up my mess; dig out the old stuff,organise it.maybe it's my form of making way for the new?so i chose to tidy up my box of letters without knowing how far back they date.there were those from friends,best friend (sung, your pile was the highest!all our aerograms!),enemy (i found one hate letter),lovers,secret and not so secret admirers,crushes,penpals,angels and mortals... in a moment, i was 5 then 7,13 then 17.i was first at 395 bukit timah road then 68 jalan girang, 93 seletar hills then 1 duke street...

how far have i travelled?how long have i been?

24 years.

compressed in an hour.

i laughed and teared,sighed and giggled.squirmed and squealed,gaped and baffled.
some moments i wish i did better, some that "-ed" won't appear.

but at the end,i always find myself
here.
having to stabilize myself in reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.