10.3.08

birthdays,birthnames,names

happy belated birthday babe! u are most special... ok, i know this wasnt taken on your birthday but we will take a proper birthday pic when i meet you for dinner k?!

speaking of birthdays, i was reminded of my birth name over a name brainstorming session with huiwen this afternoon. she has name troubles especially when she meets kan-tang (potato), non-bilingual singaporeans who have so much difficulty pronouncing hway-when. so she has to christen herself with an easy to pronounce english name that isnt too girly cuz that's not her. so...the most creative me came up with HUIWORM! surely that's alot easier, considering there's a mental picture they can relate to.

anyhooves, this song is dedicated to the one-year-old me, for being michelle for a year.

Michelle, ma belle
These are words that go together well
My Michelle

Michelle, ma belle
Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble
très bien ensemble

I love you, I love you, I love you
that's all I want to say
Until I find a way
I will say the only words I know that you'll understand


- Michelle, The Beatles

No comments: