10.9.05

be with me

so i watched Eric Khoo's Be With Me last night
with 'i like my coffee without sugar'
and my favourite picture in the movie
though it may seem warped
or morbid,
was the image of ezann lee
lying on the fat security guard,unconscious,
while he takes one last look at his painstakingly written letter
to the girl of his dreams
before he closes his eyes and
surrenders to death in his pool of blood.

because in that one picture
juxtaposition brought out the essence of the movie
ezann,who plays jackie,lost all hope because
the girl she loves,sam,left her for some guy
while the fat security guard was hope-full,
all ready to give his one brave shot
at the female executive he's been pining for.
yet jackie's very act of hopelessness met this man
through her jump from the building
killing him and leaving her alive.
a little over the top but clever
unrequitted love spoken without words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like my coffee without sugar leh! hehe..

all will be good love.

Anonymous said...

oh that was me again.. [SUNG]

pam ting said...

haha sung.thanks.all will be good too.love u.