26.1.06

smile to keep me smiling

i cried a tear for u
because i feel your pain
and also because i feel inadequate
for being so helpless
when u need most help
our hearts are one but our bodies so far apart
all i want
is to hold ur trembling form in my arms
let u wet my shoulders with ur tears
and perhaps that little effort will assure u
that there is still hope,
that everything's gonna be alright

the world around us has tainted us with cynicism
torn us away from the innocence we used to hold
and in innocence there was hope,love,trust,bliss
now everything is dark and somewhat miserable
and in our efforts to fight this darkness
i want you to know that i am still here
still around
to help preserve the innocence we yearn to keep
in disney stories or sing-alongs
picture moments or old love songs

i love you
and my heart beats in tandem with urs
smile to keep me smiling
for sung

No comments: