1.4.05

Out of Reach

wrote this poem for kopi-peng's assignment...

The sound of milan reverberates
in the ballroom where
i sit and await your entrance
A thousand watts of light boom on and blind
my eyes and warm my skin
to allow the music to seep in.

Your first stiletto step
onto that pedestal, far and long,
left my body paralysed in my chair
and with the beat of the music, my heart thumps.
Your leg sashaying with confidence to mark the thumping of my heart.
Hands on your hips,where your mini skirt hung.
Body swaying,
but your eyes remain a constant focus,on mine,and mine on yours,
until the space that separated our bodies succumbs to the force
that brought our eyes together.

i try to reach for you
but the magic that you bring disallows bodily motion
i try to scream out in desperation
but the music silences my voice.
You remain undaunted.
Strike a pose.
Make a turn.
And sashay back to where you came from;
where all beauty and fantasies lie,
where all perfection is concentrated in a confined space,
where all laughter and thrills fill the air you breathe.

And i sit here
yearning...

No comments: