18.6.05

princess dreams

when i was a little girl
i had princess dreams...
i wanted to be a teacher
i would put all my toys in a row,named them
gave them homework,did them myself,n marked them.
the score my "students" would get would depend on how cute they were
or how much i loved them.
i wanted to be a ballet dancer
like anna pavlova
i wanted to live in a 100 storey house
i would write out in my little notebook what each storey would have
the top floor would ALWAYS be the swimming pool.
the other 99 levels would be divided among my 30 stuffed toys.
in my mind,my prince charming would look exactly like batman
we would get married in a castle (probably 100 storeys)
and live happily ever after

but i lived n i learnt that princess dreams dont come true...
i relief- taught for one month
and the students aint like my toys.
they ask for my number
and get charmy with me.
i gave up ballet after grade 8
and im playing and loving rugby now.
pavlova has become my favourite dessert.
the closest to my 100 storey house is the Westin Stamford at 70 storeys
i guess i'll be content with an apartment,maybe in orchard
overlooking the busy streets n pretty night lights
and i just found out that batman has no super powers
he's just this rich fella with money to make gadgets

which aint too bad if u come to think of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well... i had princesse dreams too. and still crossing my fingers that some would come true :P